On days when I feel like I’ve been stuck in the house for a while, I try my best to go out, catch up with my friends, see the outside world and work on my backlogs in a coffee shop. Sometimes, being in a place with a few friends and some random people surprisingly makes me productive. I don’t know, it’s just me. Here in Davao, a lot of coffee shop establishments are slowly rising and with a number of shops around the city, it’s a bit hard to find a place where there’s less people.
On typical Saturdays, my day begins very fast since my 7AM class can be a bit demanding and tiring (not that I hate school though. lol). As a result, I skip the most important meal of the day – Breakfast! Good thing last Saturday, me and my Davao Bloggers Society friends have been invited to try out the newly opened cafe in Circumferencial Road – Yolks Flower Café & Cupcakery. And my tummy was more than delighted to be in their food tasting event! Continue Reading
I feel giddy at this moment whilst writing this! In a course of 3 months I have been on hiatus in this little online diary of mine. Basically, I miss everything about blogging. For starters, I have been quite busy with school requirements and a few events here and there. Also, for a shallow reason, my blog domain on my Tumblr account got expired! As a result of my laziness, I never even bothered to renew it. But things like that has it’s own way of steering me to a new path, right? As of now, Caramielrush has moved from my first blogging platform – Tumblr to WordPress.org! It’s been a rocky uphill journey on making this new home possible. I may have asked blogger friends and web experts for some info’s (You know who you are! Thank you guys so much!) for extra help since i’m kind of getting a hang with WordPress and to my surprise, navigating it isn’t rocket science. It definitely gave me that free hand of multiple tasks that I need on blogging unlike Tumblr. At first, I was hesitant on moving to another blogging platform since my attachment to things can be quite extreme! But I have zero regrets on moving. Change is always good. Hoping this new sanctuary will be as comfortable and homey as it was before. Welcome to Caramielrush’s new home! 😉
For the past couple of weeks life has been all about ‘highs’ and ‘lows’. There are times I feel ecstatic and inspired for the whole week and then for the second week I get depressed for zero exact reason and just binge watch movies or eat to relieve my so called “depression”. To be fair, life is throwing stuffs at me. Is it a blessing in disguise?
Hello there! Here are some of the round-about or should I say square-about (please laugh at my poor joke) of what’s been occurring in my life out of the interwebs. If i’m free from graduate school or just in the house watching endless tv series. I either dine with friends, travel unfamiliar places or attend to the metro’s events. That’s how I kinda live my life, at least for now.
- Bean Leaf finally opened it’s doors to Davaoeños just recently and I got first dibs on their A+ drinks! I now have a place to run to when I crave for those fresh and healthy drinks.
- Another resto in town opened! And it has quirky interior! You guessed it right – Keepsakes is now open and I love their pasta <3
- I’m a self proclaimed ‘don’t have sweet bones/tooth’ in any part of my body but this one’s an exception. You just gotta love red velvet with tons of cream cheese. case closed!
- Braved the heat of the south just to take instagram worthy photos. I mean, can you not with a field full of fine-apples (hihi) with an amazing backdrop whilst goofing off with my favorite people!
- Silhouette-ing at the edge of the cliff while talking about how life can navigate us towards a completely different direction. My friends tend to be emotional and a bit sentimental every time the big yellow ball drops. And I love it 🙂
- Posting old photos on instagram (@caramielrush) from my recent trips ‘cause I just basically miss travelling.
- Browhaus dolled up my lashes with express lash in bloom extensions and it was amazing! Though the lashes fall out easily – maybe because of stubborn me or weak glue?
That’s about it, a square about (please laugh) of my life recently. Even though sometimes I fall short from my inspirations towards blogging I remind myself why I started ‘Caramielrush’ in the first place. I just hope my creative juice won’t dry up. Inspirations where are you when I needed you the most? See you on my next blog post 🙂