Let’s take a break from the usual travel and event posts and bring back the ‘old me’ where I blog mostly about my personal life (hello tumblr days). Here are ten of the most random things about me that friends, close friends and really really close friends might know. And what you’ll expect of me.
- If it isn’t obvious with the featured image, I am a water baby! I grew up in a province where there are literally zero beaches, so lakes and rivers would suffice as a water playground. A little secret, when I was in grade school, I tried swimming in an actual irrigation. Yes! The irrigation where they also let Carabaos take a bath. P.S. That happened once in my life! I was young and immature! So, whenever we visit Davao before, my Dad always makes sure to take us in beaches. The main reason for this is that I have mild asthma when I was young and my Dad believed that if I swim more, my lungs would actually be back to it’s normal state. But hey, it actually worked. My asthma never came back since I was 11 years old. Maybe it was true! Albeit I have no more asthma (God forbid it will come back) I still keep on free diving everytime I go to the sea to my hearts content.
- I can be quite hilarious with my closest friends and be the most timid otherwise. In a group where I don’t know anyone, I would normally just listen to their conversation and laugh it all through or make a pretty good excuse on how to go home. In short, I need to fix my social skills! Lol. On the other hand, being the hilarious one I can be extremely crazy! I never stop blabbing non sense things or mimicking certain people just to release happy air everywhere. I think most pople have same traits like me though.
- I don’t like eating chocolate bars. As crazy as it sounds, I’m not a chocolate type of person. Maybe the closest thing I could get to eat a chocolate is in a Kit kat wafer. When I was a kid, I can still remember not finishing a bar of regular toblerone chocolate. I only ate the first small chunk and didn’t even finished it. On the brighter side, I am addicted to Peanut butter! I can eat the latter by itself, with a bread and strawberry jam every single day.
- I am a karaoke fan! Since living with my titas for a few years who loves singing. I also had my fair share of favorite songs in the karaoke that up until now I sing my heart out. Maybe it doesn’t seem like it but my voice is quite something! *smirks*
- I started Photography without any formal training. When I was young I would tag along with my Dad in our farm with my Canon film camera with 50 film shots in my hand following everything my Dad takes and would be really giddy the next week as I wait for the photos to develop. I think my Dads love for photography made me interested with Photography. Until now where I developed my own style of taking photos! Fast forward to the time I got my own DSLR (Canon 600d), that’s when I stepped up my game in photography and really pushed myself to excel in it. I think, the closest I can get into a photography workshop was when I was in New York a few months back with Zing and to be honest I think the only thing they should teach about photography is how to make use of the manual mode and let the photograper do her thing, because after all it’s a persons experssion and photo, for me at least. But, I think it’s also good they teach the basics like rule of thirds, ISO, angles and color warmth.
- Being drunk was a big question mark on top of my head ever since. So when I had the opportunity to get wasted for the first time I took it and ended up very wrongly. I can still remember the first time I got drunk – it was during 3rd year college with my block mates. Every time I tell someone the story of my drunk moment, they all crack up and laugh the heck out of it. I know i’m being unfair on not writing it here but i’ll save it on some other days because I just cant.
- Now that I have experienced New York, I am itching to go back and got thirsty to explore more of it. Our stay there mainly revolved on going to touristy places since that’s what “tourists” really do. I am not complaining though. Hello? It’s freaking NYC. I don’t mind lining up half an hour just to be on top of the Empire State building. Maybe the next time I visit, I’ll be seeing more of the quaint places for sure.
- I am more of a writer than a speaker. I grew up being a shy kid. I cringe everytime there’s a recitation. I sweat every introduction of the first day of class. I stutter when I talk to new people. That’s what happens most of the time growing up and to put it in a blunt way – I am awkward. I remember every time I have class reports I would end up not reporting it due to the fact that my stage fright eats me up. But when college came and you really HAVE to report because reporting has a big percentage of your grade in a certain subject I would then rehearse in my room for days just so I can report properly. I think that helped me up until now. Even though I favor writing I try my best now to speak properly in front of a crowd. I think i’m doing just fine.
- The only foods that I am willing to eat everyday are Adobo, Sinigang, Curry and Everything with ginataan in it. I guess it’s safe to say they are my go to meals everytime my tummy needs some loving.
- I am awkward most of the times. I don’t do eye contact. I’m not good with small talks. I don’t know if I hug, beso, shake hands, or what. I don’t know if I should say Hi first. I don’t fit in that much. I don’t think I have the best skin. My fashion sense and writing skills aren’t the best.
But hey, I try to catch up and be the best version of myself. I hope you do the same! Haha 😉